SIGNATURE EVENT: AsylumConnect Art Show
Team up with campus art organizations and your artistic friends to host an AsylumConnect Art Show designed to increase awareness for our organization and LGBTQ asylum seekers. Together with partnering organizations and student artists, instruct your chapter’s membership to make their own art reflecting the current news and state affairs of global LGBTQ rights. Be creative! Art can encompass statistics, LGBTQ asylum seekers’ stories, maps, multimedia platforms, live music, dance performances, etc. Host your art show in a public place on campus.
If you'd like to make this a fundraising event, charge a $1 entry fee to see your show and/or sell your chapter’s artwork.
What You'll Need:
- Creativity! Be sure to reach out to art groups and any talented artists/musicians on your campus.
- Supplies to create your artwork.
- A reserved space on campus to hold your art show.
- A publicity team dedicated to promoting your art show on campus and ensuring a great turnout.
- AsylumConnect's informational pamphlets to hand out at the door.
After the Event (if you made this a fundraising event): Contact our Chapter Coordinator Marie (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss any funds raised. Proceeds (with help of partners) to go through AsylumConnect to directly benefit LGBTQ asylum seekers.