Hold a filming, photo booth, or letter writing event as a platform for students to create messages of support for asylum seekers. When asylum seekers arrive to the U.S. they are often strangers navigating an unfamiliar country. Help to welcome them with warm messages of support and encouragement. You can also include your first name and email address on any letters/pictures to allow recipients to get in touch with you. Enclose our 2-page informational pamphlet with your letters/pictures. Be creative!
These kinds of letters, photos, and videos are also great to share (with permission) on your chapter's social media sites to gain traffic.
What You'll Need:
- Paper and pens for letters.
- Camera and/or videocamera for a photo booth or filming.
- A space on campus to hold your event.
- Creative and personable chapter members to run the event.
- Students willing to form personal connections with asylum seekers.
- Our informational pamphlet.
After the Event: Contact our Chapter Coordinator Marie (email@example.com) to discuss how to send your supportive messages to asylum seekers.