AsylumConnect launches national version of first online resource database for LGBTQ asylum seekers in the U.S.
On November 29, 2017, AsylumConnect launched a national version of the first online resource database for LGBTQ asylum seekers in the U.S. Our catalog helps LGBTQ asylum seekers find safe resources in the U.S. Today's launch commences AsylumConnect’s national expansion through opening up public resource suggestions to anywhere in the U.S. powered by One Degree's community submission tools. Now, building upon One Degree's powerful resource search and management platform, we will scale its service to all major U.S. cities.
At of launch, the AsylumConnect catalog can now help LGBTQ asylum seekers find safe resources in: Seattle, Washington, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, New York, NY, Washington, D.C., San Francisco, CA, and Los Angeles, CA.
The new catalog powered by One Degree also introduces new technical functionality, including:
- Allowing users to search for resources by location (address, city or zip code)
- Leave ratings and reviews for resources
- Store and share personalized resource searches (via email, print or another user account)
- Create a 100% free user account (service provider or asylum seeker)
- More easily search for resources via additional filters
Help us connect LGBTQ asylum seekers with safe resources in the U.S.:
- Suggest a LGBTQ-friendly resource in your area for inclusion in our catalog
Share our website with other individuals and organizations, and encourage them to also suggest resources for inclusion in our catalog
Fill out our “Share Feedback” survey to help us to continue to improve our catalog
- Provide the financial support needed to sustain our work