Join the AsylumConnect Team!
All positions are unpaid.
All positions are virtual/remote – we are looking for self-starters and commitment!
- Everyone is welcome to apply! Passionate students, young professionals, LGBTQ advocates, and
immigrants are all highly encouraged to apply.
- For director and associate positions, preference is given to candidates who currently live in the U.S.
(We encourage candidates living outside of the U.S. to consider our translator positions. Scroll down
to the bottom of this page for details on becoming a translator for us.)
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- All open director and associate positions can be viewed below.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR OUR NEXT GENERATION OF LEADERSHIP!
As an AsylumConnect director, you'll get in on the ground floor of a young nonprofit initiative. You'll be able to truly make a difference in the lives of LGBTQ asylum seekers in the U.S., and your voice will matter in our organization. Together, we will shape the future and vision of AsylumConnect.
We're looking for individuals who are passionate about AsylumConnect's mission. Our directors have a deep understanding and appreciation for the impact of our resource catalog, and a dedication to ensuring that it reaches its full potential.
ADDITIONAL DETAILS ON OUR DIRECTOR POSITIONS:
- The following director positions are for immediate hire (exact start date negotiable) and require a minimum commitment of at least 1 year. (*Preference will be given to candidates who are genuinely interested in remaining on our leadership team for multiple 1-year terms.)
- All directors will report to the President and come with the chance to lead associate positions.
- All directors are expected to attend monthly director meetings (via video call).
- All directors will receive a personalized AsylumConnect Gmail account.
- All directors are expected to work collaboratively with teammates and do their best to prioritize AsylumConnect-related correspondence (i.e. Slack, email, video calls, etc.).
See our open director positions below for more information. (Click to expand.)
Ready to apply? Here's the application.
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING & PUBLICITY +
Associates work directly with the associated AsylumConnect director and are invaluable to the continued growth of our organization. Our associate positions allow individuals with specialized skill sets to make a meaningful contribution to AsylumConnect while making less of a time commitment than director positions.
ADDITIONAL DETAILS ON OUR ASSOCIATE POSITIONS:
- All associate positions listed below are for immediate hire. All associate positions will be reassessed in June 2018 and offer a chance of renewal upon satisfactory completion.
- All associates report directly to the associated AsylumConnect director.
See our open associate positions below for more information. (Click to expand.)
Ready to apply? Here's the application.
DATA MANAGER (MULTIPLE OPENINGS) +
USER ACQUISITION MANAGER +
PARTNER RELATIONS MANAGER (SEATTLE) +
PARTNER RELATIONS MANAGER (PHILADELPHIA) +
PARTNER RELATIONS MANAGER (NYC) +
PARTNER RELATIONS MANAGER (SAN FRANCISCO) +
PARTNER RELATIONS MANAGER (LA) +
- The position is unpaid.
- Anyone who is fluent in English and other language(s) is welcome to apply to be a translator.
- The time commitment for translators is on an as needed basis.
- The following languages are in high demand: Arabic, Nepali, Armenian, Chaldean, Burmese, Filipino, Serbian, Haitian Creole, and Portuguese.
Are you fluent in a language other than English? Sign up to translate for AsylumConnect! Our translators will help to ensure that our informational resources remain as accessible as possible. Sample translation assignments include: infographics, flyers, text on our catalog site, and additional text for our website. In this role, you will be asked to translate for us on an as needed basis.
To apply to become a translator: please email your resume and a short paragraph explaining your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.