In pursuit of happiness, freedom & safety
Join Our Team.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates located outside of the U.S. are encouraged to consider our volunteer translator positions. (Scroll down the page for more information.)
All open staff and volunteer positions can be viewed below.
There are currently no staff openings. Please check back for updates.
Scroll down for volunteer opportunities.
NYC JUNIOR BOARD
Join AsylumConnect’s new Junior Board of young professionals. Members will help support and promote our mission, fundraise and build greater awareness for the first ever digital platform for LGBTQ asylum. We’re now accepting applications for the 2020 Junior Board.
*Please note our 2020 Junior Board priority deadline is November 1st, 2019.
DATA ENTRY & OUTREACH COORDINATOR (VOLUNTEER)
Become a volunteer Data Entry & Outreach Coordinator at AsylumConnect! In this role, you will work on the frontlines of building the first ever digital resource platform for LGBTQ+ asylum seekers.
Interested? Learn more and apply today.
We’re looking for Marketing Interns to join our team in the Long Beach, California area for the Winter 2020 Semester! This is an exciting opportunity for anyone with marketing and advertising experience, excellent communication skills, and a strong interest in email marketing.
Sound like you? Head over to the position description for more information and instructions on how to apply.
OTHER VOLUNTEER POSITIONS
Our volunteers collaborate with our staff to run our day-to-day operations and execute AsylumConnect’s long-term vision.
DETAILS ON OUR VOLUNTEER POSITIONS:
All volunteer positions are unpaid and virtual/remote.
All volunteer positions require a minimum commitment of 1 year.
See our open volunteer positions below for more information. (Click to expand.)
Ready to apply? Here's the application.
+ Assistant Director of Data Management
Working closely with our Senior Director of Data Management, the Assistant Director of Data Management will play a pivotal role in maintaining and growing the AsylumConnect resource catalog. In this role, you will help to manage and coordinate our team of data manager volunteers to ensure our catalog grows efficiently and our data remains up-to-date. You will also contribute directly to our data entry and resource verification efforts. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone with strong project management and communication skills, and a willingness to be on the front-lines of expanding the first ever resource website and app for LGBTQ asylum seekers. We're looking for a meticulous, hard-working individual who is passionate about advancing the AsylumConnect catalog.
- Report and work closely with the Senior Director of Data Management.
Project and Volunteer Management:
- Work with the Senior Director of Data Management to onboard new Data Manager volunteers.
- Work with the Senior Director of Data Management to assign Data Manager volunteers clear monthly resource verification and data entry assignments.
- Work with the Senior Director of Data Management to coordinate follow-ups/check-ins with Data Manager volunteer to ensure deadlines are met.
- Assist with coordinating and leading monthly data management team meetings over Zoom.
Resource Verification and Data Entry:
- Call and email organizations to verify their fit for the AsylumConnect catalog.
- Use our backend dashboard to add new verified resources to our live catalog.
- Use coding skills to pull catalog data monthly (and as needed) from tech partner One Degree’s backend dashboard.
- The flexibility to call organizations during business hours for resource verification.
- Previous project or volunteer management experience strongly preferred.
- Coding skills necessary to use an API to download data from a remote database (e.g. using languages such as Python or Java).
- Self-starter with the ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Excellent written and oral English language skills.
- You are reliable, meticulous and appreciate the value of deadlines.
- Comfortable using online communication tools, such as: G Suite, Slack, Zoom and Asana.
- Willingness to learn in-depth about the AsylumConnect catalog and our tailored resource verification process.
+ Social Media Manager
We are recruiting for a reliable, creative Social Media Manager to join our marketing team. As an AsylumConnect Social Media Manager, you will help to grow our presence across social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube). This position offers an exciting opportunity to hone your social media skills while playing a key role in our organizational branding and advocacy work.
- Report to (and work closely with) the Director of Marketing and PR.
- Regularly update and monitor AsylumConnect's social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube). Promptly respond to any comments on our posts.
- Work to grow our following across social platforms.
- Follow news and social media accounts related to LGBTQ asylum seekers/asylees, global LGBTQ rights, immigration advocacy, etc.
- Work with teammates to brainstorm and launch innovative creative multimedia campaigns using social media (Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, etc.). Work with staff and volunteers on advertising any future online fundraising campaigns.
- Actively stay up-to-date on AsylumConnect's activities and growth.
- Interest/background in one or more of the following areas: communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, computer science.
- Extensive experience and comfortable using social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube).
- Advanced computer, research, and writing skills (e.g. the ability to write effective copy in different styles depending on the social platform).
- Superior written English language skills.
- Enthusiasm for raising awareness for our cause and organization.
- Bonus(es): Familiarity with any of the following: Social media management tools (Hootsuite, Buffer, etc.); Paid social media advertising (Facebook Ads, "Boosted" Facebook posts, Twitter Ads, etc.); Knowledge of writing for search engine optimization (SEO); Social media analytics and tracking/reporting key metrics over time.
+ Growth Marketing Specialist
We’re looking for a self-motivated and experienced marketing professional to help us spread the word about the first ever resource website and app for LGBTQ asylum. As AsylumConnect’s Growth Marketing Specialist, you will assist in the development and execution of our email marketing/CRM strategy.
- Report to (and work closely with) the Director of Marketing & PR.
- Code, test and execute email marketing campaigns that deliver against goals such as: CTR, open rates, and conversions.
- Maintain email calendar for AsylumConnect including concept, content, testing and audience information.
- Develop email content and landing pages.
- Set up A/B subject line, creative and copy tests regularly.
- Manage review and approval process for email content.
- Monitor and maintain email deliverability and list integrity.
- Analyze data to determine ways to optimize performance to improve conversion and retention.
- Previous experience in email marketing.
- You are data-driven, detail-oriented and reliable.
- Knowledge of overall email processes.
- Hands-on experience with HubSpot, Google Analytics, CRM Software, Google Apps, and Excel.
- Proficient knowledge of HTML and CSS for email design.
- Passion for AsylumConnect’s product and mission.
+ Fundraising Manager
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Fundraising Manager to work closely with our Director of Development on leading our fundraising efforts. Fundraising Managers assist with all aspects of nonprofit fundraising, including: foundation grants, individual giving and corporate sponsorship.
- Report to (and work closely with) the Director of Development.
- Assist with outreach for new annual sponsorship program.
- Assist with donor research, outreach and retention.
- Support foundation grants through research and drafting initial written materials.
- Help to maintain all fund development records.
- Interest/background in one or more of the following area(s): fundraising, grant writing, research, proposal development, project management.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector.
- Strong interpersonal and grant writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
+ HR & Recruitment Manager
As one of AsylumConnect's HR & Recruitment Manager you will play a pivotal role in helping us to recruit the best volunteers possible to our organization. In this role, you will support the Director of Human Resources through providing assistance with recruiting, reviewing, interviewing, and ultimately, selecting applicants to join our team. This position is an excellent opportunity to bolster your recruiting and interviewing skills while helping us to attract the best talent to AsylumConnect.
- Report (and work closely with) the Director of Human Resources.
- Help to maintain/monitor current recruitment measures, and assist with brainstorming and implementing new recruitment strategies to attract top talent to join the AsylumConnect team.
- Participate in the selection, interviewing, and training of new team members.
- Help to recommend, evaluate, and participate in staff development for our initiative.
- Coordinate or conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind leaving (as needed).
- Participate in special projects and seek additional responsibilities.
- Complete other HR-related tasks as assigned by the Director of Human Resources.
- Interest/background in one or more of the following area(s): HR management, performance management, recruitment, onboarding, employee relations, psychology, a business-related subject, leadership development.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
- Friendly, passionate, organized, and determined to attract the best talent to AsylumConnect.
- Bonus(es): Experience using online recruitment tools/softwares and/or interviewing experience.
All translator positions are unpaid.
Anyone who is fluent in English and another language(s) is welcome to apply to be a volunteer translator.
The time commitment for translators is on an as needed basis.
The following languages are in high demand: Arabic, French, Spanish, Somali, and Russian.
Are you fluent in a language other than English? Sign up to translate for AsylumConnect! Our translators will help to ensure that our informational resources remain as accessible as possible. Sample translation assignments include: infographics, flyers, text on our catalog site, and additional text for our website. In this role, you will be asked to translate for us on an as needed basis.
To apply to become a translator: please email your resume and a short paragraph explaining your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.